The Research Council's budget recommendation for 2014
Each year, the Research Council submits input to the annual budget discussions in the relevant ministries. For 2014, the Council has proposed a budget increase of NOK 1 billion.
The Research Council has identified eight priority areas for funding in 2014.
Close to fifty per cent of the proposed increase of NOK 1 billion should be distributed among the priority areas as follows:
- Active and healthy for many years: NOK 75 million
- Renewable energy and petroleum: NOK 55 million
- Norwegian bioresources from land and sea: NOK 40 million
- Climate change and climate adaption: NOK 50 million
- EU cooperation: Horizon 2020: NOK 68 million
- More research-oriented and innovative trade and industry: NOK 80 million
- Talented young researchers: NOK 50 million
- Joint European research infrastructure: NOK 50 million
- Last updated: